NBA Betting Guide: How To Bet On NBA Odds
As the highest level of basketball in the world, the NBA attracts interest from players of all ages. Of course, the league also attracts interest from sports bettors as well. For NBA bettors that are 18 and up, the sports betting market is a little limited in the United States. When it comes to domestic sportsbooks accepting action from 18-year-olds, Rhode Island is the only option.
However, all hope is not lost. Licensed or regulated online sportsbooks allow NBA bettors to play for real money as long as they are at least 18. To help these 18+ NBA gamblers navigate the world of offshore sports betting, we have created this guide. Here, 18 and over NBA bettors can find out where to play, what to bet on, and other key information necessary for successful and legal gambling.
Is NBA Betting Legal At 18 Years Old?
Despite gambling and sports betting laws that can hinder 18+ NBA bettors in the United States, there are still options available.
For the most part, domestic sports betting in the US– in the few states it is actually available in– is reserved for those 21 and over. That means, for 18-year-old NBA bettors, the best option lies with online sportsbooks.
If an 18+ bettor uses a regulated, offshore sportsbook, betting on the NBA playoffs and regular-season games is legal due to a lack of federal laws prohibiting such online gambling. However, some local ordinances prohibit offshore gambling, we recommend that all prospective NBA bettors, regardless of age, become familiar with (and adhere to) all state and federal laws regarding online sports wagering.
Best NBA Betting Sites For 18+ For 2022
|50% Bonus |
Up To $1,000
|50% Bonus |
Up To $1,000
|50% Bonus |
Up To $1,000
|50% Bonus |
Up To $500
Where Can I Bet On NBA Odds At 18?
Since the only real legal option for 18+ NBA Finals betting, playoff betting, and betting on regular-season matchups in the United States is with online sportsbooks, the choices are limited. That does not mean 18+ players don’t have any great options, though.
There are a plethora of online, licensed or regulated sportsbooks available that offer legal NBA wagering and everything else from simulated sports to cricket for 18-year-olds. To make the sportsbook selection process even easier, we have a list of recommended sportsbooks listed on this page.
Are 18+ Online Sportsbooks Safe For NBA Betting?
When betting on the NBA, regardless of location or format, safety is the top priority. Of course, given the stigma surrounding online sports gambling, verifying player protection is key to placing bets faithfully.
With every online sportsbook featured on this page, state-of-the-art protocols are in place. To ensure player safety when making NBA bets, the sites use live customer support, data encryption, and cryptocurrency funding options. Also, due to their regulated status, these online sportsbooks are held to high standards to guarantee fair practices.
How To Fund Your NBA Bet
For many offshore NBA bettors, the vast amount of 18 and over banking options is a worthy draw. Using credit cards, vouchers, cryptocurrency, and services like Zelle give bettors the chance to choose how they fund their accounts. In general, standard in-person sportsbooks only allow cash or card options.
As internet-based money services continue to grow, 18+ bettors will have more options for NBA betting bankrolls. One popular method right now is cryptocurrency. The most prolific crypto, Bitcoin, is a deposit and withdrawal option on most major online sportsbooks.
Now with services like Zelle being so convenient for 18 and over bettors, opportunities are endless. With Zelle, NBA gamblers can send money from their checking and savings accounts directly to Bitcoin owners on LocalBitcoins.com. Within minutes, as opposed to 7-10 days, bettors will have access to their Bitcoin for immediate NBA betting action.
Sportsbook Promo Codes For NBA Betting
Most online sportsbooks offer bonuses and promotions specifically for sports betting, which includes the NBA. For example, some offshore sites may offer 18+ bettors a 50% Welcome Bonus up to $250 for sports bets.
Other sites may offer NBA wagerers a 25% Reload Bonus up to $500 to add extra value to subsequent bets. Either way, regardless of the sportsbook chosen, there are almost always promos available.
Can I Bet On The NBA At 18 In My State?
NBA sports betting for 18-year-olds is limited domestically in the United States. So far, only a handful of US states allow sports betting at 18+, while most either require bettors to be 21 and up.
Again, with this limited availability for domestic sports betting for those 18 and over, online sportsbooks are probably the best option for NBA betting. Other basketball betting options available to US bettors include betting on NBA2k simulations.
How To Bet On NBA Games: NBA Bet Types
For new 18+ NBA sports bettors, the many different types of bets can get confusing. The following is a breakdown of definitions to help new bettors decide which type of wager they prefer:
- Point spread: This bet dictates the margin of victory for the favorited team or by how many points the better squad is expected to win by. If betting on the favorite, they need to win by more than the point spread. If betting on the underdog, they either need to win or lose by less than the spread. (ex. Miami -8 means that the Heat must win by 9 or more to “cover the spread.”)
- Money line: These bets are more of a “win is a win” type of wager. Each team is given odds (such as Minnesota -110, Atlanta +125) that dictate how much will be won if choosing the correct team. In this example, betting $100 on Atlanta would pay out $125.
- Totals: Also known as “over/unders,” totals are bets made on how many points the teams or players will score. Totals can be for one or both teams, or they can be for players. (ex. Suns O/U112.5 or Will Devin Booker score over/under 32 points?)
- Prop bets: While props are not usually traditional bets, they are still very popular. Prop bets focus on things that can happen that don’t always influence the game’s outcome directly. (ex. Will Anthony Davis high-five four or more teammates?)
- Parlays: To increase a payout but also increase the risk, parlays allow bettors to string wagers together for more money. The catch is that all bets must win. Otherwise, they all lose.
- Futures: If predictions are your preferred betting method, futures are great. If a bettor thinks they can correctly guess the NBA’s next MVP or championship team, future bets allow wagers to be placed on them now in hopes of large payouts later.
Betting On NBA All-Star Odds
Betting on NBA All-Star Weekend activities provides three days worth of pro basketball wagering fun during the mid-season break. Betting on the NBA All-Star game is the beginning, as there are also Slam Dunk Contest odds, and lines for the Skills and Three-Point Contest as well.
Because so many events are in play over the NBA All-Star Break, prop bets are produced in the hundreds across the pro basketball sportsbooks we suggest for 18 and over gamblers to become members with.
NBA Betting Apps For iPhone, iPad, & Android
Don’t rush off to the Google Play or Apple App Stores to download NBA betting software. All that is required is an onboard mobile browser like Google/Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, and others and the ability to click on any of the 18+ NBA sportsbook links included in the table above to convert your smartphone or tablet into a handheld basketball betting device.
18 and over bettors looking to wager on NBA odds can do so on any modern phone or tablet that still receives routine updates as long as it is connected to the web and the gambler has money to risk on pro basketball betting. Chances are you’re reading this on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device now, so click any of the links above and watch it transform into a mobile sports betting application in nanoseconds.
NBA Betting Tips And Strategies For 18 & Over Gamblers
Like most things in NBA betting, it all comes down to preference and personal style. However, there are still a few tips and strategies that can be used by all gamblers, especially those 18 and over, to maximize their winnings.
- Understand the NBA: Over the last few years, the NBA has changed in style, subsequently shifting the statistical outputs. Apart from that, just knowing the teams, players, and win-loss records throughout the league can help with making informed sports bets. If nothing else, an interest in the NBA will at least make the bets easier to follow.
- Review injuries: Missing just one player can disrupt a team’s entire game plan. For that reason, it is always smart to keep an eye on injuries and which players will be sitting out as it can affect spreads, totals, lines, and more.
- Analyze matchups: Basketball is a game of matchups and adjustments. One team may do horribly against a certain defensive style but may thrive against another. Looking at the matchups is one of the easiest ways to determine where to bet.
- Manage your bankroll: This is key for all bettors, but especially for 18+ gamblers new to NBA wagers. Betting wisely and trying never to bust can prolonge an NBA bettor’s chances of hitting big. Besides, who wants to lose a lot anyway?
Odds To Win The 2022 NBA Finals
- Boston Celtics +600
- Golden State Warriors +600
- Los Angeles Clippers +600
- Brooklyn Nets +700
- Milwaukee Bucks +800
- Phoenix Suns +1200
- Philadelphia 76ers +1500
- Denver Nuggets +1800
- Los Angeles Lakers +1800
- Dallas Mavericks +2000
- Miami Heat +2000
- Memphis Grizzlies +2500
- Minnesota Timberwolves +3000
- Cleveland Cavaliers +3500
- New Orleans Pelicans +4000
- Atlanta Hawks +4500
- Toronto Raptors +4500
- Chicago Bulls +6000
- Portland Trail Blazers +8000
- New York Knicks +10000
- Charlotte Hornets +15000
- Washington Wizards +35000
- Utah Jazz +50000
- Detroit Pistons +70000
- Oklahoma City Thunder +70000
- Sacramento Kings +70000
- Indiana Pacers +100000
- San Antonio Spurs +100000
- Houston Rockets +200000
- Orlando Magic +200000
- Point Spread: Philadelphia 76ers +5.0, Boston Celtics -5.0
- Moneyline: Philadelphia 76ers +180, Boston Celtics -220
- Total Points: 213.0
- Point Spread: Los Angeles Lakers +6.0, Golden State Warriors -6.0
- Moneyline: Los Angeles Lakers +205, Golden State Warriors -245
- Total Points: 228.0
- Point Spread: Orlando Magic +3.5, Detroit Pistons -3.5
- Moneyline: Orlando Magic +135, Detroit Pistons -160
- Total Points: 218.0
- Point Spread: Washington Wizards -2.0, Indiana Pacers +2.0
- Moneyline: Washington Wizards -130, Indiana Pacers +110
- Total Points: 227.0
- Point Spread: New Orleans Pelicans +4.0, Brooklyn Nets -4.0
- Moneyline: New Orleans Pelicans +155, Brooklyn Nets -180
- Total Points: 229.0
- Point Spread: New York Knicks +7.0, Memphis Grizzlies -7.0
- Moneyline: New York Knicks +260, Memphis Grizzlies -320
- Total Points: 226.5
- Point Spread: Chicago Bulls +6.0, Miami Heat -6.0
- Moneyline: Chicago Bulls +190, Miami Heat -230
- Total Points: 216.5
- Point Spread: Cleveland Cavaliers +2.5, Toronto Raptors -2.5
- Moneyline: Cleveland Cavaliers +130, Toronto Raptors -150
- Total Points: 215.0
- Point Spread: Houston Rockets +9.5, Atlanta Hawks -9.5
- Moneyline: Houston Rockets +335, Atlanta Hawks -450
- Total Points: 233.5
- Point Spread: Charlotte Hornets -3.0, San Antonio Spurs +3.0
- Moneyline: Charlotte Hornets -150, San Antonio Spurs +130
- Total Points: 231.0
- Point Spread: Oklahoma City Thunder +10.5, Minnesota Timberwolves -10.5
- Moneyline: Oklahoma City Thunder +360, Minnesota Timberwolves -500
- Total Points: 231.0
- Point Spread: Denver Nuggets -7.5, Utah Jazz +7.5
- Moneyline: Denver Nuggets -310, Utah Jazz +255
- Total Points: 217.5
- Point Spread: Dallas Mavericks +5.5, Phoenix Suns -5.5
- Moneyline: Dallas Mavericks +180, Phoenix Suns -220
- Total Points: 216.5
- Point Spread: Portland Trail Blazers +1.0, Sacramento Kings -1.0
- Moneyline: Portland Trail Blazers +100, Sacramento Kings -120
- Total Points: 224.0
- Point Spread: Milwaukee Bucks +2.0, Philadelphia 76ers -2.0
- Moneyline: Milwaukee Bucks +110, Philadelphia 76ers -130
- Total Points: 225.0
- Point Spread: Los Angeles Clippers -3.0, Los Angeles Lakers +3.0
- Moneyline: Los Angeles Clippers -150, Los Angeles Lakers +130
- Total Points: 220.5
- Point Spread: Philadelphia 76ers -3.5, New York Knicks +3.5
- Moneyline: Philadelphia 76ers -165, New York Knicks +140
- Total Points: 219.5
- Point Spread: Los Angeles Lakers +4.0, Dallas Mavericks -4.0
- Moneyline: Los Angeles Lakers +155, Dallas Mavericks -180
- Total Points: 218.5
- Point Spread: Milwaukee Bucks +3.5, Boston Celtics -3.5
- Moneyline: Milwaukee Bucks +145, Boston Celtics -170
- Total Points: 219.5
- Point Spread: Memphis Grizzlies +4.5, Golden State Warriors -4.5
- Moneyline: Memphis Grizzlies +165, Golden State Warriors -195
- Total Points: 225.5
- Point Spread: Phoenix Suns +2.5, Denver Nuggets -2.5
- Moneyline: Phoenix Suns +120, Denver Nuggets -140
- Total Points: 231.5
2023 NBA Season Schedule And Important Dates
- 2023 NBA Season Begins: October 19, 2022
- NBA All-Star Break: February 17-19, 2023
- NBA Season Ends: April 10, 2023
- Play-In Tournament: April 2023
- First Round of NBA Playoffs: April 16, 2023
- NBA Conference Semifinals: May 2023
- NBA Conference Finals: May 2023
- NBA Finals: June 2023
- 2023 NBA Draft: June 2023
A useful practice for NBA betting is to learn as much about the game and the statistics as possible. Knowing past trends and streaks will make betting on futures, lines, and odds much easier. To help with that process, we have provided a few links to provide information.