2023 NFL Betting Guide: Keys To 18+ NFL Betting
As the most popular professional sports league in the United States, the National Football League receives a lot of betting action during each season. Luckily, sports bettors in the USA have access to online sportsbooks that allow for 18+ NFL betting and offer a great alternative to domestic wagering facilities that often require players to be 21 and over.
A read-through of our guide will assist young bettors in finding out about the best places on the web to wager on NFL games, information on how to sign up as a new member, and how to find the best Super Bowl odds for 18 and up gamblers. The guide also explains the legalities of sports betting at 18 years old, which is extremely helpful for beginners.
Is It Legal To Bet On The NFL At 18 Years Old?
For Americans wanting to place legal sports bets, there are two options: domestic and offshore. However, for most states that allow sports betting, the required minimum age is 21 years old.
Most 18, 19, and 20-year-old NFL bettors inside of the USA will need to utilize the option of online, offshore sportsbooks. The best part about international-based sports gambling is that it is legal throughout most of the United States as there are no gambling laws that forbid offshore betting.
Residents of Washington must note that online gambling from sportsbooks located outside of the state has been outlawed by state laws. That said, most of the betting sites we suggest allow for 18+ gamblers inside of WA’s borders.
Best 18+ NFL Betting Sites For 2023
|50% Bonus |
Up To $1,000
|125% Bonus |
Up To $3,125
|50% Bonus |
Up To $500
Where To Bet On NFL Games At 18 – Online vs. In-Person
- Online NFL Sportsbooks: NFL betting lines can be wagered upon online inside the USA using domestic or offshore sportsbook sites. The NFL betting sites we list above are offshore sportsbooks, and they accept members at the age of 18. Between them, they cover the entire United States. Some domestic sportsbook states allow eighteen and over NFL gamblers to partake, but not many (Montana, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Washington, D.C., Wyoming).
- In-Person NFL Betting: Domestic NFL betting can occur at the age of 18 in the following states – New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Washington, D.C.
2023-24 NFL Schedule
- NFL Preseason Begins August 3, 2023
- NFL Season Begins September 7, 2023
- NFL Playoffs Begin January 13, 2024
- NFL Pro Bowl February 4, 2024
- Super Bowl LVIII February 11, 2024
NFL Betting Odds
Like any other sports league, the regular season is just a qualifier for the championship. When it comes to NFL Thanksgiving games, divisional rivalries, or postseason showdowns, the Super Bowl takes the cake. One of the most popular events in American culture, regardless of a viewer’s age, the Super Bowl amasses droves of bettors every year.
Using online sportsbooks, wagers are available to be placed by anyone 18 and over 24 hours a day. The entire list of teams and Super Bowl betting odds are below.
Super Bowl 58 Futures Odds
- Kansas City Chiefs +600
- Buffalo Bills +750
- Cincinnati Bengals +900
- Philadelphia Eagles +900
- San Francisco 49ers +800
- Dallas Cowboys +1500
*More odds available at Bovada
Tips And Tricks For 18-Year-Olds Betting On The NFL
One of the most important tips for 18+ NFL gamblers is: “If you are afraid to lose it, you should not bet it.” Bankroll management is one of the most important parts of sports betting for anyone, newbie or pro alike.
Another savvy tip for betting on the NFL is to shop the odds. With the number of safe sportsbooks available, players should check as many sites as they can to ensure that the bet they plan on making gives them the best odds. This trick also works for betting on College Football or 18 and over National Championship betting.
Finally, for 18 years old starting their NFL betting experience, finding a niche can be key. Some players may do their best on spreads, while others play NFL prop bets exclusively for the joy of it. It’s all personal preference, which can equate to more wins with the right amount of research and experimentation.
NFL Bet Types: How To Read NFL Betting Lines
- Point spread– The margin of victory that the favored team must win by in order for the bet to win. (ex. Houston 3.5; Houston must win by 4 or more points.)
- Money line– A bet placed on the winner of the game regardless of any spreads. To determine favorites and underdogs, odds are given on each team’s likelihood of winning. (ex. Baltimore -250, Miami +150; Baltimore is favored to beat Miami.)
- Total– Also known as the over/under, totals are bets made on the number of points scored by one or both teams. (ex. O/U 56.5 points; the teams must score 57 or more for the over to win.)
- Prop bet– These are bets that do not directly affect the outcome of the game, such as who wins and loses. (ex. The total number of times Mahomes is sacked.) Super Bowl prop bets are only for the championship game.
- NFL Parlay– This is the process of betting on multiple lines in order to secure a greater payout. All bets must win for the entire parlay to hit.
- Future– Betting on futures involves making longer-term predictions, such as placing a wager on next year’s Super Bowl odds.
NFL Preseason Betting
Betting on NFL odds before the regular season entails two different categories:
- Betting On Preseason NFL Futures: Odds for the winner of each division, conference, and the Super Bowl will be presented in futures form and will receive action until the champion is determined.
- Betting On NFL Preseason Games: Each year, the month of August is filled with preseason NFL football games. Odds on each game are offered up in preseason NFL betting lines, but these can be difficult to wager on due to the unpredictable nature of player rotations prior to the onset of the regular season.
NFL Playoff Betting
The action really heats up at 18+ betting sites once the NFL postseason arrives each January. Fourteen teams will compete for a chance to head to the Super Bowl and win an NFL championship.
All of the NFL betting types featured above are also available during the NFL Playoffs. As more teams are eliminated, there are fewer games to be played, meaning the last chance for a parlay wager would be during the divisional round.
Super Bowl Betting
Once the NFL Playoffs are over, the winners of the AFC and NFC will meet up and decide the winner of that year’s Super Bowl. Betting on futures odds for the eventual NFL champion is on the boards all year long, but once the matchup is decided, there’ll be game lines and thousands of Super Bowl prop bets across the web.
Because so many viewers tune in to watch the Super Bowl each year, more props and odds are created for it than any other single event, including the commercials, halftime show, coin toss, National Anthem performance odds, and just about any other occurrence happening during the game.
What Is NFL Live Betting?
Another style of NFL odds is known as live betting. With the introduction of so many trusted online sportsbooks, live betting has become even more accessible. But what is it exactly?
NFL live betting, also called in-play betting, involves placing a wager on a game that has already begun. As the game plays on, the odds can change to reflect each team’s performance. Most live betting options still offer the traditional type of bets, such as money lines, spreads, props, and totals.
NFL betting lines can either stay in place and become live after kickoff, or the odds will be transported into a “live” subsection of the sportsbook once the clock starts.
Sportsbook Promo Codes At 18+ NFL Betting Sites For May, 2023
Another huge benefit of online sportsbooks is their bonuses and promotions. Depending on which sportsbook is chosen, welcome bonuses can be anything from a 50% deposit match to free betting vouchers or added mobile betting benefits. Below is a selection of the most popular sportsbook and some of their promotions:
- XBet– 100% match on initial deposit, up to $1,000
- BetOnline– 50% welcome bonus, 25% lifetime bonus guarantee.
- Bovada– 50% match on initial deposit, up to $1,000.
18+ Mobile NFL Betting Apps
Almost everyone carries some form of tablet or smartphone around with them at all times. That’s why it’s so important that the sportsbooks we recommend allow for 18+ mobile betting on the go that works well with all current iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Each of the sportsbooks on this page provides high-quality 18+ NFL betting apps.
Just click on the link to one of the sites we recommend in this guide, and you can easily bet on the NFL with iPhones, Androids, or Windows devices.
18+ bet on your favorite NFL team or simulated sports is available at our recommended 18 and up mobile sportsbook from almost anywhere in the United States that provides a strong internet connection.
Betting Site Banking Options
Most of the online sportsbooks that we recommend prefer Cryptocurrency, specifically Bitcoin (BTC). To encourage the use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, betting sites offer increased levels of promotional bonuses when it is used as a method of deposit, and it is the only type of withdrawal that can be completed within 24 hours of it being requested. Other banking options for wagering on the NFL include:
*The only method that pays out inside of the same day that it was requested
NFL Betting Payout Speed – When Will I Get My Winnings?
If transaction speed is of interest to you when requesting a sportsbook withdrawal, go with cryptocurrency every single time. USD payouts typically take 48 hours or more to process, no matter which online NFL betting site you’re dealing with.
Payouts with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Dogecoin, and other popular cryptocurrencies are the only outlet for securing a same-day withdrawal. We say within 24 hours, but in our experience, payouts have appeared in our crypto wallets within an hour of being requested.
There are also options for P2P purchasing of vouchers that can be done through MatchPay, which utilizes third-party services like Google Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Venmo, and other major vendors.
Are 18 And Over Online NFL Sportsbooks Safe To Use?
As long as the chosen online NFL sportsbook is licensed or regulated, they are safe in regard to legalities and security.
Security and privacy are held to the highest standard for these regulated sites. Each one featured below uses customer support staff, data encryption, and cryptocurrency depositing methods to keep users safe when gambling online through their books.
Our Criteria For Rating Online NFL Betting Sites
Before an online sportsbook review is posted here at SB18, we require one full year of membership with uninterrupted service and issue-free payouts. Once an NFL betting site has crossed that threshold, the review process begins with a thorough examination of its sportsbook bonus offers, banking options, and variety of betting lines and NFL odds.
From there, it is all about the perks that separate each online 18+ betting site from the rest of the pack. This includes special membership rewards, security profiles, and many more aspects of web-based operation. If we have given a gambling site our top recommendation, you can be certain that the experience will be similar when you place an NFL wager.
To better understand NFL bets, get information on stats, or just follow teams, a couple of resources are below. These links are key when doing research for betting, as scores and statistics can make or break a wager.
Statistical database: Pro Football Reference
Scoring histories and updates: ESPN’s NFL index