The Kansas Jayhawks of the SEC open the 2023-24 NCAAB season as the top-ranked team in college basketball and lead the national championship futures.
By the time the tournament begins, it will have been 32 years since a college basketball program entered the season ranked first, finished number one, and then cut down the nets at the March Madness Tournament.
Preseason Men’s College Basketball Rankings For 2023-2024
- Michigan State
- Florida Atlantic
The Duke Blue Devils were the most recent team to go wire-to-wire, getting the job done in 1992. The feat has only been accomplished on seven occasions in the history of college basketball, with the UCLA Bruins pulling it off four times.
College Basketball Teams That Have Gone Wire-To-Wire
- San Francisco Dons – 1956
- UCLA Bruins – 1967
- UCLA Bruins – 1969
- UCLA Bruins – 1972
- UCLA Bruins – 1973
- Indiana Hoosiers – 1976
- Duke Blue Devils – 1992
The preseason odds for betting on college basketball grant Kansas +1000 odds to go all the way this season. A $100 bet on the Jayhawks to win March Madness will result in payouts of $1,100, even though they are the favored team.
2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Odds
- Kansas +1000
- Duke +1200
- Kentucky +1200
- Purdue +1400
- UConn +1600
- Michigan State +1600
- Arizona +2000
- Creighton +2200
- Houston +2200
- Marquette +2500
- Arkansas +2500
The March Madness defending champion UConn Huskies enter the season ranked 6th. They are listed fifth in the NCAAB futures listed at March Madness betting sites.
Duke enters 2023-24 looking strong, tied for second in the NCAAB futures and holding the number two preseason ranking. The Blue Devils are also a heavy favorite to win the ACC.
Here are all the current college basketball conference odds that are available at our favorite 18+ sportsbook sites as of this writing.
2023-2024 NCAAB Conference Championship Odds:
- AAC Odds: Florida Atlantic +105, Memphis +175
- ACC Odds: Duke +140, Miami FL +425, North Carolina +425, Virginia +750
- America East Odds: Vermont -160, UMass Lowell +225, Bryant +900
- Atlantic 10 Odds: Dayton +300, VCU +400, St Bonaventure +625, Loyola Chicago +650, Duquesne +850
- Big 12 Odds: Kansas +200, Houston +325, Texas +450, Baylor +650
- Big East Odds: Creighton +240, Marquette +260, Connecticut +300, Villanova +650
- Big Sky Odds: Weber State +180, Montana +300, Eastern Washington +425, Portland State +600
- Big South Odds: UNC Asheville +250, Winthrop +300, Radford +400, Longwood +500, Gardner Webb +600
- Big Ten Odds: Purdue +225, Michigan State +300, Maryland +750, Illinois +800, Indiana +800
- Big West Odds: UC Irvine +300, Hawaii +350, UC Santa Barbara +375, Long Beach State +375
- CAA Odds: Charleston +210, UNC Wilmington +225, Drexel +550
- Horizon Odds: Wright State +200, Milwaukee +400, Northern Kentucky +500, Youngtown State +550, Cleveland State +600
- Missouri Valley Odds: Drake +250, Bradley +400, Northern Iowa +500
- Mountain West Odds: San Diego State +140, Boise State +350, New Mexico +400
- Pac 12 Odds: Arizona +200, USC +275, UCLA +375
- SEC Odds: Tennessee +350, Kentucky +350, Texas A&M +600, Arkansas +600, Alabama +600
- Southern Conference Odds: Furman +200, UNC Greensboro +275, Samford +300
- Summit League Odds: South Dakota State +125, Oral Roberts +275, North Dakota State +500
- West Coast Conference Odds: Gonzaga -140, Saint Mary’s +130
Another college basketball prop bet making the rounds is the following set of Final Four odds that largely resemble the top ten and overall NCAAB futures.
2024 Odds To Make The Final Four
- Kansas +325
- Duke +375
- Purdue +375
- Kentucky +450
- UConn +450
- Michigan State +550
- Gonzaga +550
- Marquette +625
- Arizona +625
- Arkansas +650
The above college basketball odds can be found at BetOnline AG (BetOnline Sportsbook Review).