The beginning of the 2022-23 NFL season is less than a month away, and the optimum time for betting on pro football futures may be right now.
Calling your shot early tends to reward well when it comes to betting on the NFL, so we invite readers to check out our 2022-23 preview below to aid in placing your wagers.
2022-23 NFL Betting Preview
By combining the odds for betting on the NFL Playoffs at several online sportsbooks, we have projected the following fourteen postseason qualifiers.
- AFC East Winner: Buffalo Bills
- AFC North Winner: Cincinnati Bengals
- AFC South Winner: Indianapolis Colts
- AFC West Winner: Los Angeles Chargers
- Wild Card 1: Kansas City Chiefs
- Wild Card 2: New England Patriots
- Wild Card 3: Denver Broncos
Futures odds are listed in the positive for all above NFL franchises, whether betting on divisional or conference futures. There are also NFL bet types on the board for each team asking if they’ll make the playoffs or not, with several featuring negative moneylines for an outcome of “yes.”
Here are our picks for the seven playoff contenders that will make it from the NFC.
- NFC East Winner: Philadelphia Eagles
- NFC North Winner: Green Bay Packers
- NFC South Winner: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- NFC West Winner: San Francisco 49ers
- Wild Card 1: Arizona Cardinals
- Wild Card 2: Dallas Cowboys
- Wild Card 3: LA Rams
Our top 18+ NFL betting sites also project the winners for a number of superlatives that will be awarded after the conclusion of Super Bowl LVII. Here are the current top odds getters for each major category.
- Coach of the Year: Brandon Staley – Los Angeles Chargers (+1400)
- Sleeper Pick: Doug Pederson – Jacksonville Jaguars (+2000)
- Comeback Player of the Year: Derrick Henry – Tennessee Titans (+350)
- Sleeper Pick: Khalil Mack – LA Rams (+1600)
- Defensive Player of the Year: Miles Garrett – Cleveland Browns (+700)
- Sleeper Pick: Chase Young – Washington Commanders (+2000)
- Defensive Rookie of the Year: Aidan Hutchinson – Detroit Lions (+500)
- Sleeper Pick: Travan Walker – Jacksonville Jaguars (+750)
- Offensive Player of the Year: Cooper Kupp – LA Rams (+800)
- Sleeper Pick: Christian McCaffrey – Carolina Panthers (+1600)
- Offensive Rookie of the Year: George Pickens – Pittsburgh Steelers (+700)
- Sleeper Pick: Skyy Moore – Kansas City Chiefs (+1000)
- NFL MVP: Josh Allen – Buffalo Bills (+700)
- Sleeper Pick: Kyler Murray – Arizona Cardinals (+2000)
One common element of each betting favorite listed above is that the moneylines are well into the positive. That means significant profits can be secured by betting on any of the above favorites for each postseason award.
Who Will Win Super Bowl LVII?
While the 14 NFL Playoff contenders were somewhat easy to pinpoint, choosing the final two teams that will make it to Super Bowl 57 presents odds that are difficult to wade through.
While on paper, the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers appear to be the most likely Super Bowl teams, they’re each bound to face franchises that have ousted them in the playoffs before.
We really like the 49ers and the Colts’ chances of making it far this year based on the overall quality of their rosters. However, both San Francisco and Indianapolis face uncertainties at the quarterback position.
All things considered, we have to go with the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers making it to Super Bowl LVII. Our final score projection is as follows:
Kansas City Chiefs 29
Green Bay Packers 37
Source – Bovada, ESPN