Joey Chestnut, Miki Sodu are heavy favorites to win 2019 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest

Joey hot dogs

The hot dog days of summer are here, which means it’s time for betting odds on who will win the most famous competitive eating competition in the world.

The Fourth of July marks our nation’s independence as well as the annual Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest from Coney Island, New York.

For the 2019 contest, oddsmakers believe defending champions Joey “Jaws” Chestnut and Miki Sodu will easily devour the other competitive eaters again, installing both as heavy odds-on favorites to win the men’s and women’s contests this year.

Chestnut — an 11-time winner and all-time record holder with 74 HDB (hot dog and bun) eaten in 12 minutes last year — received -1000 odds ($1000 to win $100) to win the men’s competition this year, which gives him an 87.5% chance to win compared to the +500 odds ($100 to win $500) or 12.5% chance given to the field.

The over/under is set at 73.5 hot dogs eaten by the men’s contest winner.

For the women’s contest, Sudo is an even bigger favorite with -1500 odds and a 91% chance to win while the field is listed at +700 odds and a 9% implied probability.

Sudo is undefeated in the Independence Day tradition since first entering the hot dog eating contest in 2014, dethroning 3-time champ Sonya Thomas, who still owns the all-time 45 HDB record for women set back in 2012. Sudo downed 37 HDB last year and this year’s

The Nathan’s Famous 2019 Hot Dog Eating Contest will be held on Thursday, July 4 at 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET and you can watch all the dog dunking devourers live on ESPN2.

Below you can find the complete betting odds for this year’s competition, provided by BetOnline.

2019 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest Odds

Will Joey Chestnut win the men’s 2019 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest?

  • Yes -1000
  • No +500

How many hot dogs will be eaten by the men’s winner?

  • Over 73.5 Hotdogs -110
  • Under 73.5 Hotdogs -130

Will Miki Sudo win the women’s 2019 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest?

  • Yes -1500
  • No +700

How many hot dogs will be eaten by the women’s winner?

  • Over 38.5 Hotdogs -120
  • Under 38.5 Hotdogs -120