NBA2k is arguably the best basketball game of all time that features current players, teams, coaches, and is available on multiple gaming consoles. Due to the NBA’s suspension after the Coronavirus pandemic, the league has put together a player’s bracket where selected NBA players will compete for a 100k charity donation to fight the virus.
The NBA announced the idea last week, and the first round of the tournament was played this past Friday. The tournament is being played on the Xbox One console, and players are seeded based on their in-game rating. The first two rounds of the playoff bracket were single elimination, but the semifinals and finals will be the best of three. The remainder of the tournament will be aired on ESPN or ESPN2.
The first two rounds were played over the weekend, and several of the tournament’s top seeds have already been dethroned. Below you will see the opening bracket and who has already been knocked out of the game.
2k Players bracket:
1. Kevin Durant, Nets (96) – Eliminated
2. Trae Young, Hawks (90)
3. Hassan Whiteside, Trail Blazers (87) – Eliminated
4. Donovan Mitchell, Jazz (87) – Eliminated
5. Devin Booker, Suns (86)
6. Andre Drummond, Cavaliers (85)
7. Zach LaVine, Bulls (85) – Eliminated
8. Montrezl Harrell, Clippers (85)
9. Domantas Sabonis, Pacers (85) – Eliminated
10. Deandre Ayton, Suns (85)|
11. DeMarcus Cousins (81) – Eliminated
12. Michael Porter Jr., Nuggets (81) -Eliminated
13. Rui Hachimura, Wizards (79)
14. Patrick Beverley, Clippers (78)
15. Harrison Barnes, Kings (78) – Eliminated
16. Derrick Jones Jr., Heat (78)
The quarterfinals will air on Tuesday, April 7th, at 7-pm on ESPN2. The Finals are scheduled for Tuesday, April 11th, and will be televised on ESPN. The quarterfinal matchups are also based on their game rankings, and the matchups will be played as followed.
- Derrick Jones Jr. (16) vs. Montrezl Harrell (8)
- Devin Booker (5) vs. Rui Hachimura (13)
- Trae Young (2) vs. Deandre Ayton (10)
- Andre Drummond (6) vs. Patrick Beverley (14)
While betting on NBA2k is not quite like betting on NBA basketball, it is quite possibly the next best thing, and there are odds that bettors can wager on. Below you will see that Pat Beverly is the current favorite to win the bracket with favorable odds at +225.
Odds Available at BetOnline:
Players-Only Tournament Winner –
Pat Beverley +225
Devin Booker +275
Derrick Jones Jr. +450
Trae Young +500
Deandre Ayton +700
Montrezl Harrell +1400
Rui Hachimura +1400
Andre Drummond +1800
BetOnline is one of the only 18+ online sportsbooks with current odds for the 2k tournament. In addition to betting on NBA2k, you will find there are other options, including an online casino, poker room, and a full sportsbook available to US players. We expect sports to resume sometime during the summer of 2020; however, for now, a lot is still unknown.