Alabama 18 and Up Sports Betting Sites
Alabama is known for having perhaps the most heated rivalry in college football, which features the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Auburn Tigers in the Iron Bowl each year, and both teams see a large amount of betting action in the state and around the country throughout the college football season.
It is our goal to inform residents of Alabama of the 18+ online sportsbooks that are available, the sports betting laws in their state, and whether people in the Yellowhammer State who are over the age of 18 can bet on their favorite sports team and other teams across the nation.
Top Rated 18+ Sportsbooks For Alabama Bettors
|Bovada||50% Up To $250||4.7/5||Visit Site|
|Mybookie||50% Up To $1,000||4.5/5||Visit Site|
|Betonline||50% Up To $1,000||4.3/5||Visit Site|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% Up To $1,000||4.2/5||Visit Site|
Can you bet on sports at age 18 in Alabama?
Alabama does not have any laws that allow domestic sports betting at state-licensed sportsbooks, so there is no law that contains an age requirement within the state. When looking at laws on other forms of gambling, the legal age for the lottery and pari-mutuel betting is 19. However, when gambling at a local tribal casino, the minimum age is set at 21 years old.
Is it legal to bet at 18 and over online sportsbooks in Alabama?
There are no state gambling laws in AL that prohibit the use of offshore sportsbooks. Anyone at least eighteen years of age in Alabama can sign up and bet on sports at any of the betting sites we’ve reviewed and can safely recommend. Each of the online sportsbooks we list is licensed the individual or owned and operated by a group that is licensed in multiple jurisdictions, and located offshore, meaning they are outside the state’s jurisdiction. For these sites, the minimum age required to sign up is eighteen years old.
Are sports betting sites safe for Alabama residents?
The online sportsbooks we list on our site are 100% safe for depositing funds, betting on sports, and withdrawing winnings. Each site is secure and uses the latest encryption technology to keep your private information safe. We cannot vouch for any other sites you may find online, but the online sportsbooks found here are the most trusted names in the industry and have been for decades.
Alabama Sports Betting Laws and Pending Bills
After the repeal of PASPA by the Supreme Court in May 2018, sports betting states began the process of allowing sportsbooks to operate within their jurisdiction. Currently, there are no laws or pending bills that would allow land-based or online state-licensed sportsbooks to operate in Alabama. However, betting at licensed offshore sportsbooks is permitted.
18+ State-Licensed Sportsbooks in Alabama
As of 2019, there are no state-licensed online or brick-and-mortar 18 or 21 and over sportsbooks set to launch independently or at a casino within the state lines of Alabama. Online sportsbooks that are licensed offshore, such as the ones listed on this page, do accept AL residents who are 18 and up.
Alabama College and Professional Sports Teams
Below are all the NCAA Division I college athletic programs in Alabama you’ll regularly see featured in a betting line for a variety of sports at an online sportsbook. Currently, Alabama does not have a pro team in any of the major professional sports leagues.
NCAA Division I Teams:
- Alabama Crimson Tide – SEC (Tuscaloosa)
- Alabama A&M Bulldogs – SWAC (Huntsville)
- Alabama State Hornets – SWAC (Montgomery)
- Auburn Tigers – SEC (Auburn)
- Jacksonville State Gamecocks – Ohio Valley (Jacksonville)
- North Alabama Lions – Atlantic Sun (Florence)
- Samford Bulldogs – Southern (Homewood)
- South Alabama Jaguars – Sun Belt (Mobile)
- Troy State Trojans – Sun Belt (Troy)
- UAB Blazers – C-USA (Birmingham)
Major Professional Sports Teams:
Notable Athletes Born in Alabama
Alabama has produced some of the most recognizable names across all different types of sports. From Hall of Famers to Olympic gold medalists, here is a list of the most notable athletes born in the state.
- Bart Starr – Hall of Fame NFL player (Montgomery)
- Bo Jackson – Pro Bowl NFL and All-Star MLB player (Bessemer)
- Bobby Bowden – FSU college football coach (Birmingham)
- Carl Lewis – Olympic and World Champion track and field athlete (Birmingham)
- Charles Barkley – Hall of Fame NBA player (Leeds)
- C.J. Mosley – Pro Bowl NFL player (Mobile)
- Craig Kimbrel – All-Star MLB player (Huntsville)
- Dabo Swinney – Clemson college football coach (Birmingham)
- DeMarcus Ware – Pro Bowl NFL player (Auburn)
- Don Sutton – Hall of Fame MLB player (Clio)
- Evander Holyfield – World Heavyweight Champion boxer (Atmore)
- Hank Aaron – Hall of Fame MLB player (Mobile)
- Jesse Owens – Olympic and World Champion track and field athlete (Oakville)
- Joe Louis – World Heavyweight Champion boxer (LaFayette)
- Julio Jones – Pro Bowl NFL player (Foley)
- Ken Stabler – Hall of Fame NFL player (Foley)
- Mia Hamm – Olympic and World Cup champion soccer player (Selma)
- Ozzie Newsome – Hall of Fame NFL player and executive (Muscle Shoals)
- Ozzie Smith – Hall of Fame MLB player (Mobile)
- Philip Rivers – Pro Bowl NFL player (Decatur)
- Ralph Jordan – Auburn college football coach (Selma)
- Satchel Paige – Hall of Fame Negro League and MLB player (Mobile)
- Terrell Owens – Hall of Fame NFL player (Alexander City)
- Vince Dooley – Georgia college football coach (Mobile)
- Walter Jones – Hall of Fame NFL player (Aliceville)
- Willie Mays – Hall of Fame MLB player (Westfield)
Legal Minimum Gambling Age in Alabama
Alabama is all over the place with its minimum required age for various forms of gambling within the state and doesn’t even have a state lottery. Bingo, greyhound racing, and pari-mutuel wagering are available if you’re 19 and older, but you must be at least 21-years-old to play poker, slots, or other games at any of the tribal casinos located within the state.
Other Forms of Legal 18+ Gambling in Alabama
Unfortunately, Alabama does not allow any form of gambling from within the state to be offered to residents who are 18 years old. However, online casino games and online poker is allowed to 18+ residents if they are licensed and located offshore.
If you or someone you know is experiencing problem gambling habits, please contact the Alabama Council on Compulsive Gambling to receive help.